After taking the picture on my way home from work today, I wondered what to say about it. It’s a little repair place at Rode Heath just outside Alsager. Something appealed about the view, but it was hard to pin down. My reaction was some mixture of the following thoughts, like a chord with overtones or an electron existing in lots of quantum configurations….
* Hmmm… run-down garage but some very expensive vehicles here
* Just look at the autumn colours and the lovely buildings, perfect for each other
* Somebody move all those vehicles out the way!
* Those trees in the background are on Rode Hall Estate where Sir Whatsit lives… hundreds of acres in private hands… not even a public footpath through it; that’s where we should be building some new houses if we have to….
* Is this the perfect conjunction of rich Cheshire and poor Cheshire?
* Was it once the Smithy? How to explain the strange height of the nearer building?
* Getting a bit cold to be working outdoors like that
Doing a Bikeride a day is the easy part: Finding something to photograph and talk about is not so easy. Cycling along with Radio 4 in my earphones I can easily forget to look. And yet I have this feeling that there is plenty more to see.
Next week is half term and I’ll be on holiday, with no excuses not to get out on my bike and explore.